A Friend Loves at All Times via Servants of Grace



"I used to think that one of the best things I could do for a friend in crisis was give her some space. Maybe I never actually put it into words, but that’s what my actions often communicated. I cared about her, but I didn’t know what to say; I didn’t know if she’d want me to infringe on her privacy; and honestly, if I were in her shoes, I wasn’t sure I’d want me around either. But after facing some hard situations myself and walking with close friends through their trials over the past few years, I’ve changed my mind.


"When my children were diagnosed with a rare genetic condition, the friends who pressed in were the ones who helped me the most. Proverbs 17:17 says, 'A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity,' and it’s the friends who love me at 'all times,' especially the unexpectedly confusing, painful, and lonely times, who the Lord uses to communicate his nearness and compassion the loudest..."

Visit Servants of Grace to read five ways we can love our hurting friends.


Follow Katie on Facebook and InstagramLearn more about her book Loving My Children: Embracing Biblical Motherhood here