"To the Single Parents at Christmas" and "Let Me Love Them Well"



Do you know a single parent who could use encouragement? Or someone who feels more overwhelmed by the work of parenting than the joy? Please read these two new articles at Her View From Home and share them if someone comes to mind. I pray my words refresh those who read them.

Sample: "I wish I could leave a surprise check in the mailbox or extra presents on the doorstep for your kids. As much as I’d like to give you that, I can’t. But what I have, I give you, and it’s this:
I see you. Others see you. Your family sees you. Most importantly, God sees you.
God sees every act of love, each choice to serve others, and every sacrifice you make. He sees it all.
Not only does God see you from a distance, but Christmas is about incarnation. It’s about the God who sees you and then enters your world.
I see you, and my heart goes out to you. But while I can only give you my words, God sees you and gives you Immanuel, God with us."

(2) Link: Dear Lord, Let Me Love Them Well Today

Sample:


"How easy it is to forget the awe in the mess, the running out the door, the endless loads of laundry, and the umpteenth unloading of the dishwasher.
But it’s their toes in search of shoes, their bodies wearing grass-stained pants, and their empty plates. None of this labor is meaningless because they are meaningful, knit together in secret inside me.
I’m tired today because I woke once with the train. I woke again with a squirmy 2-year-old nestled under my arm. I woke finally at 5 a.m., climbing out of bed to write before they wake. But may my tiredness not be an excuse to be short with my children, escape from them into my phone, or resent them in any way.
Lord Jesus, restore to me the joy of motherhood. Refresh my soul with faith for this journey. Fill my heart with fresh hope for each of my children. Let me love them well today. Amen."

Read more of Katie's words on Facebook and InstagramTo learn more about her book, Loving My Childrenclick hereEmail Katie at lovingmychildrenbook@gmail.com.